The UCSF Alumni Achievement Awards
Many outstanding, talented UCSF alumni are changing the world and making a difference in their communities.
Each year, the Alumni Association of UCSF (AAUCSF) presents alumni awards to recognize these alumni and their outstanding accomplishments, service, and contributions. A dedicated alumni committee selects alumni awardees based on nominations submitted by members of the entire UCSF community.
At the annual Alumni Weekend, one living alumnus/a will be honored in each of the following categories:
- Alumni Discovery Award: This award honors an alum who has made outstanding achievements creating positive change through basic science/health care research and has brought distinction to themselves and the UCSF community.
- Alumni Practitioner Award: This award honors an alum whose work is marked by boundless clinical empathy, understanding, and caring within health care.
- Alumni Mentor Award: This award recognizes an alum who has devoted their career to inspiring, mentoring, and educating the next generation of scientists and health care providers.
- Alumni Entrepreneur Award: This award recognizes an alum who demonstrates the highest caliber of innovation in science and/or health care through risk-taking actions and/or value-creating transformations.
- Alumni Humanitarian Service Award: This award recognizes an alum who has made a transformative contribution to their local community, the nation, or the world that has helped make it a better place. These honorees have achieved recognition for making a noteworthy, positive change to the human condition through health care and science.
- Alumni Early-Career Award: This award honors an alum who has graduated or completed training within the last 10 years (2013 – 2023), has advanced rapidly in their career, and has displayed significant achievement in the areas of leadership and professional success, pushing the boundaries of science and health care.
- Alumni Philanthropic Impact Award: This award honors an alum who has made UCSF a philanthropic priority and whose gift has made a significant impact on the University’s ability to improve and advance education, research, and/or health care. (Nominations will be made by current UCSF faculty and staff members only.)
See previous winners from the 2018 – 2020 UCSF Campaign Alumni Awards.
About the Nomination Process
Nominations should be no more than 500 words in length (up to 5,000 characters). All UCSF alumni, including former residents/fellows and postdocs, are eligible. Supporting links are encouraged (e.g., news articles, online profiles, or quotes) but not required. Self-nominations are welcome.
About the Selection Process
Winners will be selected by a committee who will consider alumni diversity in every sense, including school and degree, specialty, background, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, and more.
2023 – 2024 Selection Committee
To be announced